Skip to main content
- The proper name for “Ice” is methamphetamine, which is a kind of
- “Ice” is a potent central nervous system stimulant. It can impair our nervous system and affect the brain most.
- “Ice” appears as a semi-transparent, colourless, grain-sized crystals with
- Street Name：“Ice”, “Shabu”, “Crystal”, “Chalk” etc.
API & TV Programme
Adverse Effects of "Ice" Use
- Inability to sleep
- An increase or decrease in sexual desire
- Reduced appetite
- Chest pains
- Panic and confusion
- Permanent inability to sleep
- Anxiety and tension
- Nutritional disorders owing to depressed appetite
- High blood pressure
- Rapid and irregular heart beat
- Skin rash
- Hallucination and feeling of persecution which lead to violent behavior
- Lower urinary tract symptoms
- Long-term use of “Ice” will lead to tolerance as well as physical and psychological dependence.
- At very high doses, toxic psychosis, convulsions, coma, brain hemorrhage and death can occur.
- "Ice" will also affect the nerve system controlling the urinary bladder sphincter system, leading to urinary tract dysfunction.
- “Ice” is a dangerous drug controlled under the Dangerous Drugs Ordinance.
- It is an offence to illegally manufacture, supply or possess “Ice”.